Published in Monitorul Official nr.113-118 / 403 of 08.06.2012
Under the articles 7, 24 and 27 of the Electronic Communications Law No. 241-XVI of 15 November 2007 and in order to achieve the objectives of the development of broadband Internet access for 2010-2013, approved by Government Decision no.1077 of 17 November 2010 the Government Decides:
- The use of frequencies / radio channels available in the band 2500-2690 MHz and 3600-3800 MHz frequency band for the development of public communications networks and services electronic broadband wireless access.
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, within 10 days, will provide the National Regulatory Agency for Electronic Communications and Information Technology of the radio spectrum resources, as follows: 1) The three sub-bands radio with width of 2 x 20 MHz of radio frequency band 2500-2690 MHz; 2) a radio frequency sub-band width of 50 MHz in the 3600-3800 MHz band.
- Is established license fee to use a radio frequency sub-bands with width of 2 x 20 MHz of radio frequency band 2500-2690 MHz in the amount of 10 million euros (250 thousand euros per unit of spectrum equal 1 MHz).
- The license fee for use of the radio frequency sub-band width of 50 MHz in the 3600-3800 MHz radio frequency band will be determined after the contest competitive selection procedure, which starts with the minimum price of exposure to competition in the amount of one million euros (20,000 euros per unit spectrum of 1 MHz).
- It is recommended that National Regulatory Agency for Electronic Communications and Information Technology as subbands licenses for radio frequency width of 2 x 20 MHz in the 2500-2690 MHz band to be released by direct custody providers have already built networks and provide the authorized networks and public mobile services in Moldova.
- Radio frequency subbands under section 2 of this decision, unsolicited till date 31 December 2012 and requested additional channels or radio frequencies in the bands 2500-2690 MHz and 3600-3800 Frequency MHz will be assigned on an competition.
- Control over the execution of this decision is the responsibility of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy
Minister of Information and Communications Technology
Minister of Finance
Chisinau, June 6, 2012.